The college has a two-tier library facility:
(a) Central Library: There are more than one lakh books in the Central library of the college. These which include text books, reference books, research journals, newspapers and books related to competitive exams. Reading room facility is also available in the library.
(b) Departmental Library: Departmental libraries exist in many departments of the college, where text books, reference books and research journals can be accessed.
Some Important Rules Regarding Library Are As Follows:
1. The book desired by the student can only be given if it is available in the library.
2. Membership of the library is optional, but for better learning, all the students are expected to become member of and benefit from the rich institutional library. Student desirous of becoming a member of the library will have to deposit a fee of Rs.10/-. The fee receipt must be shown in the library and on the next working day, one library card shall be issued to the student after showing his/ her identity card.
3. One book will be issued on each card for 14 days. Retaining, the book beyond 14 days will attract a penalty of Rs.1/- per day. If the day of returning the book falls on a holiday, the book should be returned on the next working day, otherwise fine will also be levied for the period of holidays.
4. The students must check the physical condition of the book at the time of issue. Maintenance of the book will be the responsibility of the students.
5. The library card should be kept with utmost care. It will have to be returned before the final exams. A duplicate card will be issued against a fee of Rs. 10/-.
6. If a student loses his/ her library card, he/ she will be responsible for any books that may be issued against the card.
7. In the event of a book being lost or torn, the student will have to give another book of the same edition or the latest edition. If the book is not available in the market, he/ she will have to deposit the amount determined by the library incharge which shall be at least 5 times the price of the book.
8. The news papers, magazines, syllabus, questions papers etc. will be given to students only after depositing their identity card. These should not be taken outside the library under any condition. Students defying this rule will be fined at the rate of Rs.1/- per day.
9. The students should carefully examine the number of pages of the magazine. If any page is found missing on its return, the student will have to replace it with a fresh magazine on the next day and also bear the penalty that may be determined by the librarian.
10. Students will have to return all the books issued to them at least 10 days before the commencement of university exams.
The college has a book bank, which provides text books to the poor and meritorious students for the whole year on payment of a nominal amount. The books are provided as per the following rules:
1. The book bank is for the benefit of the students of this college.
2. Books priced below Rs. 5/- or above Rs. 50/- will normally not be purchased in the book bank.
3. The student shall have to pay 1% of the price of the book issued to him/ her as membership fee.
4. Depending on availability, 2 to 10 books can be issued to a member.
5. Students from poor category will receive first priority in issuing books from the book bank.
6. An affidavit of the guardian along with a certificate given by the gram pradhan or sector warden will be considered sufficient proof of the guardian’s income.
7. The order of priority for issuing books from the book bank shall be scheduled caste and backward caste students followed by wards of martyred soldiers, retired soldiers and primary teachers.
8. Results of the previous year’s exam shall also be considered.
9. 75% of the cost of the books will have to be deposited by the student in the college office and the receipt so obtained will have to the shown to the book bank clerk to get the books. After the exams, when the books will be returned, the money deposited by the students will be refunded to them after deducting the membership fee.
10. Books will be given for one academic session only. All books will have to be returned within two weeks after the exams are over. If this is not done, the student’s result will be withheld and the transfer certificate will not be issued until the student deposits the books as well as the fine imposed.
11. At the time of return of books, if the books are found to be torn, mutilated or spoiled in any manner then the book will be returned to the students and the cost of the books will be realized from him/ her.
12. The safety of the books will be the responsibility of the student. Tears or existing damage in books should be brought to the notice of the concerned person before receiving them.
13. When purchasing books, preference will be given to books that will remain relevant for the next 3 to 5 years.
14. Notes, keys or questions- answer type books will not be purchased.
15. The cost of the application form to be a member of book bank is Rs. 1/-.
16. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the principal shall be final and binding on the student member.